Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jello Popcorn

The last time (yeah...I know it's been a while!) I shared a recipe, I got so many good comments & interested people, that I thought I'd share another one. I love this recipe because it's an easy treat and quick to make!! My kids love it!! And, you can make several varieties, too! So, here it is!!
Jello Popcorn
Ingredients/Supplies:
1 lg. brown paper bag (like what you would get from a grocery store)
14-16 cups air popped popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1 small pkg (3 oz.) jello -- any flavor
1/4 tsp. baking soda
wax paper
Directions:
1. Pop popcorn then allow to completely cool. Put into a large brown paper bag.
2. Melt butter in the microwave (I've found using a glass -- pyrex type -- bowl works best). Add sugar, syrup, and jello to the butter and stir well.
3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It will be VERY hot. Stir in soda (it should foam up a little bit).
4. Pour over the popcorn, fold down top of bag & shake well. Place bag in the microwave for one minute, then shake again. Microwave 30 seconds, then shake. If you want crisp rather than gooey, microwave 20 more seconds.
5. Pour popcorn out onto wax paper in a single layer to cool.
6. Enjoy!! :)

PS...for the pictures I used lime & orange flavored jello. Cherry has also been a favorite too.

0 comments: