Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I think Valentine's Day is fun!!....my mom always made it special by leaving little gifts for each of us kids at the kitchen table for us to find once we woke up, when Matt & I were choosing a date for our wedding, we originally wanted to get married on Feb. 14th (we later changed it to Feb. 7th), and I like being able to do fun things with my kids now, by making sugar cookie "hearts" with them, leaving little gifts for each of them & taking the chance to tell them what I love about them.

But, this post is for Matt. He is the love of my life. We just celebrated our 11th anniversary. We had a fun date (we tried Texas Roadhouse for the first time!) and for the last 2 weeks, I've been doing "The 14 Days of Valentine's" for Matt....mostly just little gifts or notes for him to find each day, but I wanted him to know that I thought of him each day...something that I probably don't let him know enough.


On Day 10, I wrote Matt a letter with 10 reasons why I love him. Really, 10 is just the beginning. We've had a lot of good times, but we've had some really hard times too. We've moved across the country, twice. We have 4 beautiful kids together. We laugh together. We watch tv, we go to church, we go for walks, we play games, we make cookies and we work hard and play in between. Life isn't always glamorous...but it's our life. We have the same goals of being together, forever....and that's why I love him!! Happy Valentine's Day, Matt...I love you with all my heart!!

2 comments:

Jody

Michelle, that is very sweet. Matt is a lucky man to have you :)

Karyn

So sweet! I've always admired you guys as a couple. Solid. Happy Valentines Day!