Saturday, May 22, 2010

Earrings!

At our house, we allow the girl's to get their ears pierced when they turn 8 years old. Abbie had the chance to go on her 8th birthday. Annie, however, has had to wait an extra 40 days. Annie has been playing spring soccer and one of the rules is that absolutely NO jewelry can be worn during games. Unfortunately, soccer started 2 days before Annie turned 8 years old. So, this afternoon (her last game was this morning!) we took off to Claire's to finally get Annie's ears pierced!! She was pretty set on getting purple earrings...but, once she was there checking out the different earrings available, she chose the turquoise ones instead...
Before (she was just a bit nervous):

After:

I have a pretty happy eight year old here today! And, I think it was worth the wait....her team went undefeated!!!

4 comments:

House of Ham's

I still remember the day I got mine pierced! My mom didnt let us until I was 12 though. I love it! Tell her she is so in fashion turquoise is so in for this summer! :) The blessing and baptism pictures are so stinkin cute!

Suzanne

Lucky girl! I had to wait til I was 12! You go, Kiddo. Maybe I can talk Lydia's Dad into 8 too :)

Karyn

Beautiful! . . . oh the earrings are cute too ;)

ShaRene Knox

She looks so beautiful and happy! Congrats Annie!