Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Fun (part 1) aka Abbie's Halloween Party

Well, we have had a busy October...after a quick trip to Utah, we got back & the next weekend had Abbie's 9th Birthday Party...we went with a Halloween theme & I think all the girls had a blast!! We sent out 12 invitations, thinking there are always a few that can't make it to the party...well, not this time! So, we ended up 14 girls (adding Abbie & Annie) at our house...it was wild, busy, a little bit crazy, quite a lot of laughs & loads of fun!! :) Here are most of the girls...I took the picture before the last few arrived....



We started off with the classic "pin the tail on the donkey", but changed it to pinning the nose on the jack-o-lantern.....talk about the girls laughing like crazy....it was hilarious. After that, we had a crazy scavenger hunt....I loved watching a pack of girls running around outside, in the snow, no less...having the time of their life. After that, we came back inside to play bobbing for apples...which was definitely the hit game of the party...every single girl played at least twice....










And a picture with all the girls with an apple in their mouth! If you're ever having a halloween party with a bunch of 9 year old kids, definitely think about bobbing for apples...what a blast!




Before sitting down to watch Monster House, we had "dirt cake" for dessert, complete with worms (gummy of course) sticking out!


I had a great time & I think our birthday girl too!! We love you, Abbie!!

4 comments:

Jody

What great pictures! Eryn had a blast.

Rochelle

I LOVE the apple picture on the stairs! What a fun party idea for so many sweet little girls. You are such a creative, fun mom. I could learn a lot from you!

I am so dang jealous that Jeremy gets to see you guys in a week! It's just not fair at all!

I can't believe Abbie is NINE! That makes me feel so old!

Karyn

What a fun party for all those cute little girls! I bet Abbie is the new popular girl in Meridian now. Everyone will want to be invited to her party next year :)

Happy Birthday Abbie!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M

So I had stopped checking your blog, but I was so glad I did tonight! Like everyone else has said, I LOVE the bangs! And the thought of Abbie babysitting, well that is just crazy talk. Is my brother really old enough to have a daughter who is old enough to babysit??? Love you guys!