Thursday, January 29, 2009

German Pancakes

I have great memories, from when I was a little girl, of visiting my grandparent's house....it seemed like my Grandma Mae would make German Pancakes at least once during our visit! They were always a yummy treat because it wasn't something my mom made. Don't get me wrong, my mom made lots of yummy breakfasts!...it's just German Pancakes weren't one of them.

Anyway, fast forward to now. Matt is currently teaching 2 evening classes this semester, so on Tuesday & Thursday nights I usually end up fixing something easier to throw together, that wouldn't care much about, and still something the kids will gobble up. So, last week (yes, I'm posting a week later...1) because I thought I had "lost" these pictures and given up blogging about them, and 2) because I had pretty much slacked off on blogging for the last 2 months anyway, so why did it matter...) I decided to make German Pancakes! It was GREAT! The kids were facinated by how they looked & totally curious as to how they would taste. Luckily, I didn't have any fight over trying them because anything with the work "pancake" in it gets eaten at this house! :)

So, here is what the finished product looked like (before it was gobbled up)!...and, actually, if you look closely, you can tell one dish was already finished off....it was just before cutting into the second one that I thought to grab the camera...






And, here are all 4 of the kids, happily eating their dinner!!...

I guess Connor wasn't really eating his German Pancakes in this picture...but believe me when I say he enjoyed them just as much as the others!

I think we have a new dinner favorite for those nights when Matt is gone!

7 comments:

Kerrie

Sounds good. Will you post the recipe for those of us drooling?

Rochelle

okay, meshelle... i know how busy you are with four kids... but you have got to blog more! Every time you post I am in shock at how much the kids have grown! ;) I feel like it's been 10 years since I was in the same room as you guys. Only a year and a half more and then maybe I'll feel a little closer to you guys. I miss you so dang much!

(I mean the 'blog more' comment in the nicest way possible!)

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs

Drooling is a good way to put it. I, too, love seeing more pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Jody

That is one our favorite breakfasts! It used to be our tradition to make them every Sunday morning....that was before 9:00 church.

Cristy

Okay girl, can we please have the recipe? It looks so yummy!

Karyn

Yum! Now you need to post the recipe!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M

I need to try those. I think they would be a big hit here too. And Abbie is SO big!