Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Morning!

We had a fun & relaxing Christmas morning at our home! The kids all slept past 6am...Connor being the first to wake up. We have a tradition of having the kids bring down their blankets to "claim their space" on the floor around the Christmas tree...they lay them out on the floor & that is where they can sit when they look through the stockings & open their gifts.



Here's Parker on his blanket, waiting patiently!




Each of the kids had their "favorite" gift...Annie had been asking Santa for a pink radio since the end of summer...she was pretty happy about getting it!



Abbie loved getting some boots! She was so excited!!...I don't think she was expecting them, but both girls had been asking for them whenever we looked in the shoes at Target. Both girls have worn their boots EVERY DAY since Christmas!
Connor had fun crawling between all the wrappings & toys! Isn't he a cutie?!!?


Abbie was so cute helping Parker get his geotrax sawmill all set up for him to play with!!

Here's what we had to clean up when all was said & done! I love just being home with our little family to enjoy Christmas morning. I love the simplicity of it all & just watching the joy in my kids eyes!

Although this is late...I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas & know that we were thinking of you!!

2 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M

Your house looks like ours did. I love the blanket tradition. So fun.

Karyn

I love how you guys do the blanket thing like we use to. I hope it's a tradition we can carry on in our family too!