Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Abbie Turned Ten!

I can hardly believe that my "little ladybug" (what we called her as a baby) is now 10 years old! She has grown up so beautifully! She loves to read, have friends over, is a great helper & is starting to get the baby-sitting bug (she's done little stints here-and-there for me)!
One birthday tradition that I've carried on from when I was a little girl was making a birthday sign for each of the kids on their birthday...it's not especially fancy, but I think they like it! On the night before her birthday, Abbie asked if I was going to make one (she hadn't seen me working on it) and I told her "if I had time"....of course, I was going to have time!! :)
Here's some pictures from Abbie opening her gifts...she wanted some "mystery games"...

She also asked for an Ipod...(you can't tell that's what she got, but it's in there)...
And also a new pair of shoes...
For her birthday cake, she had asked for Peach Dessert! YUM!!! (For some reason, our pictures from blowing out her candles were either blurry or too dark to see what was happening...so, this is the best ya get, sorry!)

After the boys were in bed, I gave her a pedicure...she felt pretty special!
This is the finished product!!...pink & purple with little silver flowers on her big toes!Happy Birthday, Abbie! We are so glad you are part of our family & such a terrific big sister to Annie, Parker & Connor! I know they love you tons, just like Daddy & I!!! I hope you had a good day!!!